Saturday, August 31, 2013

Apple Gift for Teachers (Sunday School, Speech Therapy, Homeschool Co-op, Etc.)


Okay, so at the last minute, I realized it was the last day of my daughter's speech therapy.  Quick!  Think of an end-of-the-year "thank you" gift!  Let's see...  Hmmm...  I had some nice Pink Lady apples, construction paper, a drawer full of random ribbon and string.  With a little help from Pinterest, this is what I came up with...

Place apple in one gallon 10" x 14" "Great Value" brand twist tie bag from Walmart (available in increments of 100 on Ziploc isle).  Cut leaf shape out of green construction paper for gift tag.  Punch hole in end of leaf.  Write note (e.g. Dear Teacher, You are the apple of my eye! Love, Student) on "leaf."  Tie bow around bag using curling ribbon and jute.  Secure "leaf" to bag with curling ribbon.  Cut top off of bag.

Happy gift making! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment